We are looking for a digital agency professional with account management, pitch & proposal experience to join our team as a Commercial Manager, based in Norwich with regular visits to our London office and our clients’ premises around the UK.
You’ll be a key player in the growth of the agency, taking briefs from potential inbound new clients and teaming up with expert account management, digital marketing, design & development colleagues to compile a winning strategy. After a thorough training and on-boarding process tailored to your strengths and appetite to learn, you’ll evolve to leading successful pitches and overseeing this process well within your first year at Selesti.
Reporting to and mentored by our Commercial Director, the role is one specifically designed to assist the successful candidate to grow in their role and become more and more autonomous, with the target of assembling a future team under their leadership. Your responsibilities will include qualifying inbound leads, converting opportunities generated by our outbound business development team, supporting the successful progress of potential projects from existing clients, and helping to guide our digital agency into new revenue streams.
As the agency offers a series of digital specialisms, a consultative approach and knowledge of digital marketing, build and UX will help you understand client needs and improve conversion rates. We are looking for a commercially savvy project & account manager rather than a salesperson. You will love the pitch and proposal side of your current role and yearn to improve and expand upon your skillset around it.
Our growth plans include carefully planned out routes for this to become an extremely senior, autonomous position very quickly, so if you’re ambitious and enthusiastic, this is an ideal opportunity to take your career to a new level.
The right candidate will have
- Experience with planning approaches and pitches, and supporting the development of compelling proposals which meet with client’s needs and objectives
- Confidence and excellent communication skills – you will need to build trust with clients and across our departments, forming strong working relationships with our team
- Comfort in attending events, building rapport and identifying commercial opportunities to enhance a potential client’s digital strategy
- Collaborative outlook, working alongside the Selesti marketing team and Senior Management Team to fulfil our growth plan
- Experience managing and maintaining a CRM system
- A proven ability to understand the needs of clients and take technical specifications
- A track record of attending pitches and contributing to proposals
- Calm and collected when gaining the trust of C-suite executives of SME’s
- Excellent presentation skills and attention to detail
- Experience and strong knowledge of digital marketing, web development, UX account and project management is extremely important
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Innate organisational skills and discipline around pipeline management
- Willingness to learn and try new methodologies with an ambition to excel in the role
- At least 2.5 years experience in an agency meeting clients face to face, managing digital marketing and/or web design and development projects
What you will get in return:
- 25 days holiday as a basic, with 5 more earned through continued service
- Extra days off for Christmas
- A highly experienced, award-winning team to work with and learn from
- Birthday holiday
- Workplace pension scheme
- Christmas party
- We’ve invested in some of the best technology
- Access to paid-for private counselling & a nutritionist
- EMI share scheme
- Time off for your children's birthday
- Profit share scheme
- Fat Frydays — we’ll buy your breakfast every Friday and deliver it to your desk
- Constant career progression with work time allocated for training
- Volunteer day
- Summer party
- Work from home days
- Living Wage Employer
- Carbon Neutral Company
So, what are you waiting for? Please get in touch by sending your CV and cover letter to us